India is seeing a surge in COVID-19 cases and all offices, schools, and colleges have been completely shut down till further notice. Since working from home and online classes make it easier to stay in the hometown and continue with a regular routine, many people will be going home as the times are unprecedented and it is better to stay closer to family.
Traveling carries a great risk of contracting the COVID-19 infection and as we all know, symptoms start to appear a few days after the person has been infected. To make sure you travel safely, here are some things to keep in mind to keep your family and yourself safe while going back home.
- Prefer traveling alone. If a few other peers are also going back home then prefer not to travel in groups as it can increase the risk of infection.
- Carry only the essential luggage so you don’t have to drop off and pick the bags from different surfaces and belts.
- Book early morning or late night flights as the airports are empty during these hours and you won’t come in contact with many people.
- Make sure to follow social distancing rules and leave one seat empty between yourself and other passengers.
- Avoid touching your nose and face throughout the journey and sanitize your hands properly after exiting the airport.
- Do not come in physical contact with any of your family members after coming back. Even if it is not mandatory, isolate yourself for a few days as a precautionary measure.
Here are some precautions to take while traveling to your hometown. Keep these tips in mind and just to be sure, get yourself tested a few days after coming back home.