The wait is finally over, Char Dham Yatra will be happening this year. the Nainital High Court lifted the ban on Chardham Yatra and allowed only fully Covid vaccinated people with a mandatory COVID-19 negative report for the annual pilgrimage. The court has ordered devotees to follow strict COVID-19 protocols.
In a statement the High court said that only 800 devotees will be allowed at Kedarnath Dham, 1200 at Badrinath Dham, 600 at Gangotri, and 400 devotees at Yamunotri Dham in a day.
In June, the Court put a stay on the yatra until further orders due to lack of health services in Chardham Yatra districts, lack of adequate preparations to control COVID-19 infection, shortage of doctors, and the report of the district administration.
Here are few things to know before going on the Yatra:
- You have to carry your negative COVID-19 report.
- It is mandatory to carry your covid vaccination certificate.
- The court has directed that no one will be allowed to take a bath in any of the springs around the temples
- Police force will be deployed as per requirement.
- There is a cap on visitors for every site: 800 devotees for Kedarnath Dham, 1200 for Badrinath Dham, 600 at Gangotri and 400 at Yamunotri Dham.