As well all know the holy month of Ramadan is going on. Fasting during Ramadan is spiritual and is good for the mind and body. Anyone who observes fast during Ramadan, wait for iftar time. It is the meal that is served at the end of the day to break the fast. Some special dishes are made on this occasion, well if you are confused about what to cook. Here we have some delicious Iftaar recipes:
MUTTON SHAMI KEBAB RECIPE
- 500 grams Boneless Mutton
- 1 cup chana dal
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric/powder
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 inch Ginger
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- ¼ pecans finely chopped
- 3 spring mint leaves/pudina
- Salt as required
- Oil as needed
- Whole Spices:
- 4 Red Chillies
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 5 Cloves
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 2 Cardamom
- ½ teaspoon shahi jeera
- 2 black cardamom
How to make it:
- To begin making the Mutton Shami Kebab recipe, wash and soak chana dal for minimum 1-2 hours.
- Wash mutton pieces nicely and pressure cook it with soaked chana dal, turmeric powder, salt ginger, garlic, and whole spices.
- Once the mutton is done, pass it through a colander and collect the stock in a separate bowl which you can use later to make any mutton curry.
- Collect the cooled mutton and dal mix in a grinder jar and grind to make a fine dough. The dough may look fibrous because of the meat.
- Add finely chopped onion, chopped green chilies, chopped mint and coriander, and mix nicely till everything incorporates well.
- Heat a wide pan and grease it with 1-2 tablespoon oil.
- Pinch a lemon sized ball from the mutton mix and flatten it to shape a round disk.
- Similarly, make the rest of the kebabs and shallow fry from both sides in a wide pan till they turn dark brown in color.
- Mutton Shami Kebabs are a perfect snack option during Ramadan and also a great side dish with Chicken Biryani. Serve with onion rings, lemon and dhaniya pudina chutney.
Ingredients of Haleem Recipe | Haleem: With lentils, spices and broken wheat, it is a slow-cooked delicacy usually enjoyed during Eid festivities.
Ingredients of Haleem
- ½ tsp lamb (boneless)
- 150 gms moong dal (washed)
- 100 gms wheat (broken)
- 500ml desi ghee
- 10 Cloves
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1 gms saffron
- 30 gms green chilly paste
- 10 gms turmeric powder
- 6 gms mace
- 10 gms green cardamom
- 50 gms ginger paste
- 50 gms ginger, grated
- 150 gms onion, fried
- 3-4 litre lamb stock
- To taste salt
How to make Haleem
- Wash and soak all the lentils and broken wheat together for 2 hours.
- Take a heavy bottom handi and add ghee to temper it with whole spices- cloves, bay leaf and green cardamom. When the spices start crackling, add the grated ginger and garlic paste till the color turns brown.
- Add the lamb along with all the powdered spices saffron, green chilly paste, turmeric powder and cook until it is half done and then add fried onions.
- Drain the water from the lentils and add it to the lamb along with lamb stock. Add salt at this stage.
- Let it cook until lamb gets tender and mixes with the lentils and becomes thick in consistency.
- Check for the seasoning and serve with choice of bread.
Key Ingredients: Lamb (boneless), moong dal (washed), dal chana, wheat (broken), desi ghee, Cloves, Bay leaves, saffron, green chilly paste, turmeric powder, mace, green cardamom, garlic paste, ginger, onion, lamb stock, salt
Recipe by: Jaypee Greens Golf and Spa Resort.