With coronavirus still being a problem, people have decided to change their plans have opted for road trips with families. The hassle of booking flights, waiting for negative results, and travel restrictions have made people turn to road tripping.
It is important to take care of your mental health during this time and if going outdoors and planning a short trip makes you happy then you can definitely consider that. However, it is important to understand how grave the situation is and you should not head out without planning ways to stay protected.
Here are some tips that will help you have a safe road trip during the time of this pandemic.
- Only go out of your area if the number of cases around you is not high to ensure the safety of others and yourself.
- Carry extra sanitizers, face masks, and gloves.
- Arrange for a first-aid kit with a thermometer and look out for any symptoms.
- Take some time to find out the number of cases and the situation of the place where you are planning to go.
- Avoid going out if you have any underlying health conditions as that makes you more vulnerable to the virus.
- Try to plan a trip with only a few people and make sure you are able to practice social distancing during your road trip.
- Ensure that your car/ vehicle is in good shape before heading out.
- Find out about the quarantine rules of the place you are visiting and if a 14-days isolation period is mandatory upon reaching the destination.
- Make sure to sanitize everything you buy if you stop at places like gas stations, shops, etc, during your road trip.
- Prefer having packed food and carry your own water bottle to minimize interaction with other people.
- Prefer cashless transactions.
- If you are staying in a motel or hotel during your trip then make sure that you choose the one which abides by hygienic practices.