Top Best Places to Travel in 2014Posted by: admin, Posted on: 2 years ago
There is no dearth of tourist destinations across the world. However, based on the ongoing climate and events, there are some destinations which score over the other. Below, we have compiled a list of some of the must visit destinations in 2014:
• Brazil: For all the soccer fans across the nation who also happen to be avid travelers, Brazil is one place you should totally plan a vacation to in the year 2014. The reason: the city of Porto Alegre will play host to the 2014 FIFA World Cup from June 12th to July 13th. Hundreds of thousands of visitors will descend on Brazil for the event. And don’t worry about the crowd and accommodation as roughly 150 new hotels have been specially constructed for the World Cup. Another reason to visit Brazil is to soak in the flavours of its various carnivals, which have been scheduled from February 28th to March 4th in Rio de Janeiro. In between all this, you can trek through the Amazon rain forest or visit the spectacular Sugarloaf Mountain Aerial Tram.
• Cartagena, Colombia: One of South America’s newest hotspots, Cartagena has emerged as a popular destination for travelers across the world. This stunning walled city, located on the Caribbean coast of Colombia has a rich cultural heritage. The Palacio de la Inquisicion provides insight into the area’s pre-Colombian days. You can also take a day trip to nearby Islas del Rosario beach and rent bikes to explore the city. Wary of the country’s drug trade, travelers would maintain their distance from Cartagena till a decade ago. However, all those matters have been looked up into now and travelers can easily explore this destination.
• Chicago: The year 2014 marks the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field, due to which there have been activities planned the entire year in the city of Chicago. Home to the Langham Chicago, the world’s only hotel in a Mies Van Der Rohe-designed building, Chicago offers a lot of exciting opportunities to its tourists. Moreover, it also has the nation’s largest bike share program, with 300 stations across the city.
• Phillippines: Swim among the whale sharks in Donsol, dive at the Tubbataha Reef National Marine in Palawan or explore the Banaue Rice Terraces, a 2,000-year-old UNESCO World Heritage site, Phillippines has a lot of exciting opportunities to offer. However, in 2013, Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines causing unimaginable damage and devastation to the region. Though the main tourist destinations have remained intact and accessible to visitors, be aware that some areas, especially the city of Tacloban, are still recovering from storm damage.
• Colorado: For all the winter lovers, book your tickets to Colorado this February to enjoy the Olympic games here. No place in the United States offers better winter activities than Colorado. The peak winter months of January and February lure skiers and snowboarders of all levels whereas the summer months bring forth different outdoor activities, rafting, fishing, and horseback riding to name a few. You could also relax at a posh resort in ski-towns like Aspen, Vail, and Breckenridge. In Denver and Boulder, trendy microbreweries have proliferated. One of Colorado’s best-kept secrets is its burgeoning wine scene. Visitors can take winery tours in Palisade and Grand Junction.
Happy vacationing !