The Ministry of Civil Aviation has released new guidelines and eligibility rules for those traveling to and from India to the US, UK, Canada, and other countries. India currently has air transport bubbles with 13 countries amid the novel coronavirus pandemic, while more such agreements are on the pipeline.
What are air transport bubbles?
“Transport Bubbles” or “Air Travel Arrangements” are temporary arrangements between two countries aimed at restarting commercial passenger services when regular flights are suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Check out the details of such arrangements:
From India to Canada
- Stranded Canadian nationals/residents and foreigners with valid Canadian visa are eligible to enter Canada;
- Indian nationals with valid visas eligible to enter Canada.
- Seamen of foreign nationalities, seamen holding Indian passports would be allowed subject to clearance from the ministry of shipping
From Canada to India
- Stranded Indian nationals
- All Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders holding Canadian passports;
- Foreigners (including diplomats), who are eligible to enter India as per MHA guidelines
From India to Germany
- Indian nationals who are permitted to travel abroad
- Stranded EU nationals/residents, foreign nationals destined for Europe and transiting through Germany or spouses of these persons, whether accompanying or otherwise
- Seamen holding Indian passports would be allowed subject to clearance from the Ministry of Shipping.
From Germany to India
i. Stranded Indian nationals
From India to France
i. Indian nationals who are permitted to travel abroad
ii. Stranded EU nationals/residents, foreign nationals destined for Europe and transiting through France or spouses of these persons
iii. Seamen of foreign nationalities; Seamen holding Indian passports.
From France to India
i. Stranded Indian nationals;
ii. Foreigners, who are eligible to enter India as per the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines.
From India to Bahrain
i. Bahraini nationals/residents
ii. Any Indian national holding any type of valid visa from the Kingdom of Bahrain and destined for Bahrain only.
From Bahrain to India
i. Indian nationals stranded in Bahrain
ii. All Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders holding Bahraini passports;
iii. Bahraini nationals (including diplomats) holding a valid visa
From India to Qatar
i. Qatari nationals
ii. Any Indian national holding any type of valid Qatar visa and destined for Qatar only.
From Qatar to India
i. Indian nationals stranded in Qatar;
ii. All Overseas Citizen of India cardholders holding Qatari passports
iii. Qatari nationals holding valid visas.