Top Must- Do Activities In Andaman IslandsPosted by: admin, Posted on: 2 years ago
Located 960km off the east coast of India are the absolutely gorgeous Andaman and Nicobar islands. Almost like a jigsaw puzzle of more than 200 islands, this group of islands is among the top tourist destinations in India and attracts a lot of visitors, both local and from abroad.
Surrounded by sea and pristine beaches, there is no dearth of things-to-do in this region. Listed below is a compilation of some of the activities, which you should definitely do, when vacationing in Andaman. These activities will truly make your Andaman experience complete!
- Trek in Madhuban: A lot of travellers come to Andaman only for this trek. Home to a huge variety of flora as well as fauna, Madhuban is the perfect venue for trekking to the adventure lovers. The tropical climate of this region, further makes it an excellent destination for trekking activities. The course from the Mount Harriet to Madhuban is a route, often opted for by the trekkers in this region.
- Sunbathing: Sunbathing relaxes your mind as well as soul and with the gorgeous scenery and roaring sea for company, a trip to Andaman would be incomplete without Sunbathing on the beaches. Do carry your swimming trunks along.
- Visit ChidiyaTapu: As the name suggests, ChidiyaTapu refers to an island full of birds. Situated at a distance of 25 km from the capital city of Port Blair, the island, located at the southernmost edge is also a perfect picnic spot. Surrounded by verdant green mangroves, the island is known for its wide collection of birds such as emerald dove, white-bellied sea eagles, red-breasted parakeets, grey-fronted imperial green pigeons among numerous other varieties.
- Enjoy Coral Reefs at Jolly Buoy: This place tops the list of must-visit destinations in Andaman, in most itineraries. Corals at Jolly Buoy, to say the least are simply mesmerizing. You can touch the corals and feel their shapes, patterns and texture. Buses from Port Blair to Jolly Bouy take approximately 1.5 hours to reach.
- Visit the Cellular Jail: Also referred to as Kala Paani, the Cellular Jail was the place where political prisoners were imprisoned during the period of India’s struggle for freedom. Today, it is an important tourist destination for tourists.
- Drive from Port Blair to Jirkatang: A scenic drive, close to WraftersCreef, you can also visit the limestone deposits located at Nayadera, which are located on the way. What makes these caves unique is the fact that they’re possibly a one of its kind variety, which can be found in the country. The stopover at the caves will be certainly worth it.
- Water activities at Havelock Island: One of the most visited of the islands in the region, Havelock Island also is among the most beautiful beaches at Andaman. Moreover, adventure enthusiasts can choose from a wide range of activities such as snorkelling and scuba diving among others.
The Andaman Islands are one of the most picturesque locations of the country. If you’re looking for a peaceful holiday, far away from the madding crowd, then opt for Andaman Islands as your destination. You won’t be disappointed!