Travelling by train makes us all nostalgic, it has given us all some of the best memories. And over the past few years, the Indian Railways has worked hard to improve the experience of our journeys by upgrading the facilities at railway stations. Gujarat’s Gandhinagar is the latest station to get an upgrade.
The renovation started with a joint project named Gandhinagar Railway and Urban Development in 2017. However, it was eventually inaugurated virtually on July 16th by PM Narendra Modi.
Here is a virtual tour of the luxurious station that offers an airport-like experience to travelers.
The revamped station has a new look and feel. The whole property has a green building rating and environment-friendly elements.
Check out some special features of the revamped railway station:
- The new entrance lobby is very spacious, inviting people to the ticket booking facility.
- It has a state-of-the-art façade and creative landscaping outdoors
- The station also has an exclusive art gallery.
- The station is centralized AC and has a pretty waiting lounge as well.
- There is an interfaith prayer hall and AC bay feeding room as well.
- The waiting hall of the renovated station platforms can accommodate around 500 passengers
The exterior of the building showcases lighting with 32 themes allowing it to flaunt a new one every single day of the month.
As per reports, the redevelopment budget for the revamp cost a whopping ₹71.50 crore. Would you like to go here and did you like this development?