Having kids doesn’t mean you can never travel again. However, there are some restrictions, which always come about with a toddler. For instance, you can’t hop on to a 15-hour flight to Fiji with a toddler. Also, it is no fun exploring with a diaper bag, bottle, and stroller to carry. So before you plan to expand your family, indulge in a vacationing spree. Choose destinations which will be much harder to visit with kiddos in tow.
We have listed below few of such destinations:
• Amsterdam: The only country where smoking pot is legal, you surely won’t go here after you’ve had kids. From its legendary art to the Red Light District, the Heineken Brewery to the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank House, Amsterdam has a plethora of exciting opportunities to offer! Beware, you won’t be able to experience everything on one trip!
• Alaska: From whichever part of the world you are, Alaska is bound to be one long vacation. And not to forget, one hell of an adventurous trip, far away from the mundane routine of life. With granite gorges and glaciers for company, Alaska has the Denali National Park and Preserve, sled dog kennel, Mount McKinley up for grabs, among other tourist hot spots to offer. Be prepared for a chilly holiday in Alaska, which could get a hassling one with kids.
• Napa Valley: You can actually bike through—not just past—vineyards with a tour from Napa Valley Bike Tours. The wineries, of course. And there are more than 400 of them. Imagine an itinerary filled with sampling the Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Merlot, that too on bikes. Yes, there is one destination where this can be true, and that is Napa Valley. Bike through the 400 vineyards, munch on artisanal treats at the public market. Not exactly kid-friendly, but a lot of fun, nonetheless!
• New Zealand: This is one trip that children would not be able to comfortably endure. Travelling to New Zealand is pretty hectic and involves changing time zones. Long haul flights are hard on everyone, and if you have
kids on board, then it is likely that they will take a longer to adjust to such a significant time change, cutting into your actual vacation time. Thus, New Zealand should be visited before you have kids. Bunjee jump off the
Kawarau Bridge, hike at the Bay of Islands, gaze at the blue penguins in the city of Oamaru, have a gala time in New Zealand. Also, hopping between the North and South Island is mandatory if you want to see all the country has to offer.
• Hawaii: With a gorgeous scenery in the backdrop, Hawaai is the perfect, meant for two location. Sign up for traditional Hawaaian activities like lei making or throw net fishing or drive through the legendary Hana Highway for a day to access Travaasa Hana, formerly known as Hotel Hana-Maui is the perfect adult respite. Biking down the volcano, Halekala, or snorkeling in Molokini, one of the world’s best diving spots, it is bound to become a tad difficult, trying to perform such daring activities with kids in tow.
As you can see, these destinations would be more fun and appropriate before the children arrive!