Facts about Umaid Bhawan Palace:
This is a wedding year for Bollywood industry, many B-town celebrities are getting married and next on the cards is Priyanka Chopra, who is all set to tie the knot with Singer Nick Jonas. The couple will get married on 2nd December 2018 at the dream wedding destination that is Umaid Bhawan Palace. This place is all things royal, it spells old-world grandeur. As per estimates, tariffs of the place can go up to a jaw-dropping INR 5, 00,000 for the grand presidential one-bedroom suite. ans the entire hotel for a night would have cost the couple a whooping INR 43 Lakh. that’s huge right?
This youngest palace of India is an architectural glory, marvelous heritage hotel of Jodhpur and a truly royal experience. The majestic palace is breathtaking, we are sure you would love to learn some facts about it.
Check out some details about Umaid Bhawan Palace below:
- It was built by Maharaja Umaid Singh between 1928 and 1943, the Umaid Bhawan Palace is the home of the former royal family of Jodhpur.
- It is the sixth largest private residence in the world.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace is the last built palace in India before Independence.
- The place spread over about 26 acres, the mansion, now partly owned by Taj Hotels it has 22 rooms and 42 suites, along with palm courts, banquet halls, ballrooms, libraries, and the whole shebang.
- It stands on the highest point of the city, Chittar Hill and offers spectacular views. Umaid Bhawan Palace stimulates exotic views of the historical Blue City, vast sand dunes, and intimidating Mehrangarh Fort.
- A palace room at the hotel costs INR 34,000.
- The palace was built with dun-colored sandstone and the palm court marble that was also used in the construction of Taj Mahal, Agra.
- The royal family still resides there and the palace is divided into a museum, hotel, and the royal residence.
- The interiors of the palace are just stunning.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace was designed by British architecture Henry Lanchester.
- It was built for a noble cause rather than luxury. The purpose was to create employment for the people of the royal city.
- There is a subterranean art deco ‘zodiac’ pool which is the spectacular one in Umaid Bhawan Palace. It is lit by candlelight, a glass bowl of floating blue and purple orchids.
- The palace has 6 splendid outdoor wedding venues and 4 indoor wedding venues maintained by Taj group of hotels.
Check out some pictures of Umaid Bhawan Palace below:
Gorgeous isn’t it?
The wedding festivities will kick-start from the end of November. The wedding will take place as per both Christian and Hindu rituals in India including Sangeet, wedding, and reception. While the wedding will be held at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Sangeet might take place at the Mehrangarh Fort. The guest list of the wedding is limited to 200 people with only the couple’s close friends and family in attendance.
According to a report a helipad is being constructed in Umaid Bhawan Palace to take wedding guests in a chopper to the wedding venue. If rumors are to be believed, Priyanka will personally visit the palace to check her wedding preparations. Reportedly, the couple chose Umaid Bhawan Palace because Jodhpur is Priyanka’s mother’s favorite city in the world.
For those who want a fairytale wedding, this is the perfect destination.