Sailing on Li River CruisePosted by: admin, Posted on: 2 years ago
The Li River Cruise is a major tourist attraction for any person visiting China. However, it is particularly a lovely exploration option for those tourists who’re planning a vacation to the northeastern Guangxi Province.
The Li River originates in the Mao’er Mountains in Xing’an County. It then proceeds to Guilin, Yangshuo and Pingle, after which finally, it drains down into the western tributary of Pearl River in Wuzhou. The Li River Cruise stretches over a length of approximately 83 kilometers from Guilin to Yangshu and is estimated to take four to five hours, depending on the specific tour operator cruise one opts for. The entire cruise is dotted with eye-feasting landscape, picturesque villages and is flanked by stunning limestone formations, cormorants and towering green mountains.
Visitors ought to note that the Li River Cruise between Guilin and Yangshuo costs approximately CNY240-450 per person. Naturally, the cost would vary depending on the type of cruise, simple or luxury that you opt for. Also, the cruises usually start departing between 09:30 and 10:00 in the morning.
In order to reach Guilin, which is the starting point for Li River Cruise, visitors should note that the best option is to access Guilin via air as Guilin has an international airport of its own. In Gulin, the trip starts from the dock south of Liberation Bridge in the downtown area.
The river generally has three sections, which are covered in the cruise. These include from Guilin to Ox Gorge, Ox Gorge to Water-Dropping Village and Water-Dropping Village to Yangshuo. Each section of the Li River Cruise has its own share of exciting highlights to offer.
Listed below are some of the highlights which tourists should make a point to stop at, when on a Li River Cruise:
Guilin to Ox Gorge
• Elephant Trunk Hill: Considered to be a landmark of Guilin landscape, Elephant Trunk Hill is situated on the western bank of Li river. The hill has been justifiably named so as it resembles an elephant sucking water from the river with its long trunk.
• Daxu Town: This town is an excellent place to witness the style of Ming Dynasty through well-preserved buildings which stand as a testimony to the bygone Ming culture. Daxu Town is situated on the northern bank of Li River.
Ox Gorge to Water-Dropping Village
• Crown Cave: Crown Cave has been justifiably named so due to its crown-like crag.It is an important excursion site due its twelve kilometer long water-eroded cave whose interiors are home to stalactite, stone pillars and rock formations.
• Mural Hill: A 100-meter-high cliff face hill with a stratified rock surface in various shades of colors. According to local legendary stories, the colors present nine horses and anyone who can spot them out is considered to be lucky.
• Yellow Cloth Shoal: Surrounded by seven green peaks, legends claim that the seven peaks are fairy girls from heaven who took bath in the river. These legends make this place more exciting for the tourists.
Water-Dropping Village to Yangshuo
• Yangshuo is a great place for hikes and cycling excursions. There’s no doubt that taking a close-up exploration to the country villages, you will have a taste of the rural life.
Some other famous sights along the river include Jingping Mountain, Wangfu Mountain, Banbiandu and Guanyan.
So for an exciting vacation, book a seat on the Li River Cruise as soon as possible!