Facts you didn’t know about New York cityPosted by: Team TP, Posted on: 3 months ago
Every country and city has some secretive facts which not many are aware about. During my last visit to the city I met a guide which has been in the industry from last 15 years and he told me some interesting thing about Big Apple. Now my knowledge about the city has improved though I feel there is still a lot more to know. But till then sharing some interesting facts about the city.
- There are no public conveyance in the city but a Starbucks in every 200 metres.
- New York sets train tracks on fire to keep them free of ice in the winter
- The Empire State building has its own zip code.
- The original Penn Station was considered to be one of the most beautiful train stations in the world.
- New York City doesn’t have any Walmarts.
- New Yorkers never wait and cross the road even on a green light.
- NYC garbage collectors call maggots “disco rice.”
- Honking is illegal in New York City.
- New York City is not the capital of the state of New York
- It is the largest city in the United States.
- Several buildings expected to be higher than the Empire State are under construction
- The ice cream cone, pasta primavera and eggs Benedict were all invented in New York City.
- The Statue of Liberty was a gift from the people of France to the people of the United States.